Media Center Freezes in record

songsj

I have a new Gateway 832GM Media Center PC, with an Audigy 2ZS sound card.

I've connected my DVD player to the TV tuner S video inputs and configured My TV to receive the signal to record movies in real time. Media Center freezes up even on non-protected DVD's. Can't figure this out, seems like it should work just like a VCR except with a hard drive. Any suggestions, Seems like I've tried everything easy. When it freezes it still records in the backround but the program

does not record clean. I.ve done all the updates from Microsofts website.

Thanks

I am curious if anyone else is recording DVD's in real time through a TV tuner card and having succsess with it. I could try a restore and recovery but I'm on a dial up modem and my updates would take forever. The PC is only 4 months old and has not had that much use. I have not installed any fancy programs and nothing else is running in task manager when this thing freezes. I will say this, if this is all the better MS can do with computer hard drive recorder software they should scrap it and start over. I am going to call Gateway in the morning and see what they have to say. I'm not a very happy camper, this should not be that tough, seems like what I'm trying to do is a pretty basic function.