Nero Context Menu?

boombastic2

Is there a way to add two options to the context menu of any file such:

"Burn to a CD with Nero Burning Rom"

and

"Burn to a DVD with Nero Burning Rom"?

i found the way to do it just adding some .reg files but i need an help:

i created a batch file that allow the user to right click a file and select "burn with nero" so a dos box opens a the burn starts.

At the end of the command i use for nero there's the parameter %1 which tells nero to burn the selected SINGLE file, is there a similar parametr which refer to MULTIPLE selected files?

For example if instead oh %1 i put *.* it burns ALL the file within the directory without regards to the files i selected before right clicking.Any help?

Edited by boombastic2

%* will pass all parameters instead of just the first one. Also, an interesting (and very annoying <_<) tidbit about XP's command line processor is that when you pass a filename pattern (*.*, *.bat, file?.exe etc) to any program, it will automatically be replaced with any filenames that match it. Lemme try to explain:

-If you have a directory with the files bah.txt, buh.txt, foo.bar and program.exe in it, and you execute 'program.exe *.txt', it will act as if you executed 'program.exe bah.txt buh.txt'.

-If you execute 'progam.exe foo.*' it will act as if you executed 'program.exe foo.bar'.

-If you execute 'program.exe *.*' it will act as if you executed 'program.exe bah.txt buh.txt foo.bar program.exe'.

-If you execute 'program.exe *.wtf' it will do as expected and simply execute 'program.exe *.wtf', because the pattern *.wtf does not match any files.

boombastic2

If you will use Nero InCD you can use context menu for burn files on CD/DVD-RW (if writer support InCD format).

Also, in default, if you put on blank CD/DVD-R/RW Nero will be automatically launched.

Also you can pre-select launched the Nero for open CD/DVD image.

Also ;) You can run nerocmd.exe for more ...

I pulled this from an old post on here a while back:

Open Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/{File types}.

Select the entry for ISO and click "Advanced".

Click 'New' and name it "Open with Nero"

In the Application area enter:

"C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\nero.exe" "%1"

Works like a charm for me!

This is my reg file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Burn con Nero]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\Burn con Nero\command]

@="F:\\PROGRA~1\\Ahead\\nero\\nerocmd.exe --write --drivename g --underrun_prot --close_session --force_erase_disc --underrun_prot --enable_abort --use_allspace --artist %USERNAME% --real --iso \"%1\" %1"

it adds an entry in context menu, for all files, like "burn con Nero". So if you right click on a SINGLE file/directory it starts nerocmd.exe and burns that file to a CD/CD-RW , if you put the switch --dvd it's the same but for DVD/DVD-RW.

The problems now are two:

1)it doesn't work if the file/directory has a name with spaces, nerocmd can't find the file and give you an error such "file nont found" or "file mismatch"

2)if you select TWO OR MORE files/directories it only burns one of them

i tried to change the final %1 with %* as suggested but nerocmd doesn't burn at all telling me " file not found". If you put *.* instead of %1 no matter if you select only one file, it burns ALL the files in that directory.

Any help will be very appreciate :D

The first "%1" is needed by the parameter --iso and gives the name to the disc as the directory the file is in;it can be also "nero" or "backup" or whatever you want and it will be the name you see in windows Explorer when you put the cd in your cd-rom. The second indicates which file must be burned.

I made some modifications and finally get these:

F:\PROGRA~1\Ahead\nero\nerocmd.exe --write --drivename g --underrun_prot --close_session --force_erase_disc --underrun_prot --use_allspace --enable_abort --artist %USERNAME% --no_user_interaction --force_erase_disc --real --iso "Nero" "%1" --recursive

to burn a directory and all subfolders and files it contains

F:\PROGRA~1\Ahead\nero\nerocmd.exe --drivename g --write --real --dvd --iso DVD-VIDEO --create_iso_fs --create_udf_fs --iso-no-joliet --dvd_high_compatibility --no_user_interaction --force_erase_disc --dvdvideo_realloc %1 --recursive

to right-click and burn a DVD-VIDEO from an already prepared VIDEO_TS folder

F:\PROGRA~1\Ahead\\nero\nerocmd.exe --write --drivename g --underrun_prot --close_session --force_erase_disc --enable_abort --use_allspace --artist %USERNAME% --force_erase_disc --real --iso "Nero" %1

to burn a single file onto a cd-r/rw or, adding --dvd, onto a dvd-r/rw.

So the problem with the spaces now is gone but still remain that i can't select two or more files , right-click them and burn....

Edited by boombastic2