Need help with silent install PLEASE

gbetteley

Hello I am new to this forum. I hope you can help me with these problems. i have created an unattended install of windows xp I have all my applications installing silently however there are three apps that i can not figure out what the swithces are.

1: Kodak easy share 5.0.3.0 the Manifest.bom indicates it is MSI package however it is has an exe extension.

2: Kodak printer dock this is the same as above.

3: Syncmaster 170mp. this is the driver package. When launched it has two moniters listed to choose from. I tried putting the drivers in the $OEM$\$1\Drivers folder and put the path in WINNT.sif folder however it did not install. I did not expect it to because it is integrated in the exe file.

Also I have tried the package to web silent install method I had no luck with that.

• 5 weeks later...

Don't if you're still having trouble but you will probably find this useful anyway.

1 and 2 - Use the Universal Silent Switch Finder to help you. USSF will tell you what options you need to silently install. Those installers are probably packed MSI's. There is an option to pass parameters to the MSI. Alternatively, goto Documents And Settings\<your name>\Local Settings\Temp remove everything (what you can) from there and then run the installer. A folder/file(s) will appear in the temp folder. They should contain the MSI. Grab all the files and put it into your unattended setup and then you can of course do the normal MSI silent install.

3. You probably want to follow the same advice as above. however, I used to have a Syncmaster 171s and managed to find and download the separate cat/inf driver files. That is also an option.

Hope this helps and sorry if it's a bit late.