Problem With Automatic Updates and Antirivus

oberststen

Im having problems with my antivirus and automatic updates from Windows Update, im getting this:

dibujo12yo.png

Im getting that little red icon on the systray alerting me that my antivirus and autmoatic updates are disabled, so everytime i turn on my pc i have to active the antivirus (and IT IS checked the "start when i turn on my pc") so it just tell me that my antirus is now running but i still have the alert from Windows Update thing, and it is also activated, watch the screenshot:

dibujo28rq.th.png

i also do a full virus and spyware scan, and it doesn't find anything, any idea?

-Jaime

Go to Start > Control Panel > Security Center. There is a link at the bottom of the list at the left hand side that says "Change Security Center settings" (you'll have to translate this).

Uncheck all the check boxes and then click on OK.

i'm using norton 2003, windows xp home sp2

in another forums they told me it was because the security center was loaded first, but now i have another problems:

i deactivated all the alerts on my security center, (av, firewall and windows update), since it told my windows update is off, and it is on

my antivuris is not loading the protection at startup, and i do have checked to start the protection at startup (not the antivirus app, the protection)

and when i try to enter to windows update, it told me that my automatic windows updates aren't enabled, and they are =\ also, i can't acces to the download area of windows update

Go to Start > Run and type in "services.msc" without the quotes.

Make sure that the "Automatic Updates" and "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" services are started and set to Automatic Startup Type.

I downgraded to SP1, so I don't know what the Security Center service is called. But if you see Windows Security Center or Security center in that list, set it to Manual Startup Type. Log off and log back in to make these changes take effect.

i tried that, the only thing i found was "Background Intelligent Transfer Service", and it was enabled, i also found a thing about norton, and it wasn't enable to start automatic, so i enabled it, and now my norton is activated at startup, but now, my security center tells me that it isn't enable and it can't finc anything, and when i try to enter to windows update on IE, it tells me that i don't have my "automatic updates" enabled, and i can't access anything there, it just appears pages saying "this site has a problem"

screenshots:

screenshot090520052245215zw.th.jpg

Windows Update giving me errors

screenshot090520052246154cq.th.jpg

Security center off

• 2 weeks later...