Silly question, the Ctrl+C doesn't work sometimes

NikNt

This is silly question, why I'm asking is because keyboard isn't old. the Ctrl+C doesn't work sometimes. It's actually works sometimes... it always works in IRC channels, I don't know why there. But if I want to copy & paste text from webpage it doesn't copy it, again not always, for example now I tried to copy text, it did work.

May be someone's had the same problem, it just so uncomfortable "the main shortcut doesn't work... any ideas?

Thanks...

Guest LouCypher

Some programs use Ctrl+Ins instead of Ctrl+C to copy. If they do then they often use Shift+Ins instead of Ctrl+V to paste.

It's normal PS/2 keyboard...also I wrote before that it works in IRC, I found out why it works there, because you don't need to press Ctrl+C to copy in IRC just select the text and it will copy automaticly. Also in the biggining haveing this problem, I couldn't undo sometimes in Photoshop, so I think it's the KeYBoard problem...

I don't have other keyboard with me, but I'm going to Gym now and on the way back will pick up other PS/2 KeyBoard...

I'll tell you then...

Guest LouCypher

Maybe the contacts on the keyboard underneath the CTRL key are a little dirty? You know it wasn't if you didn't have a problem with CTRL+ALT+DEL though.

Sometimes you can highlight the piece of text, but it still isn’t the active window, so copying it won’t successfully work as another application would be active.

Wouldn’t have thought it is to do with your keyboard.

aMb