Quick Question about SATA driver

hp01jpc

Hello chaps,

I used to use the RASOR utility to get my SATA drivers on my unattended XP CD (created using nLite). RASOR doesn't seem to be working anymore though, and I could never get SATA working without it. It's been a while since I tried to get the drivers on the disk, is it possible to do it with nLite these days?

I have downloaded a rar file from Silicon Image which contains what I think are the files needed:

txtsetup.oem

SiWinAcc.sys

SilSupp.cpl

SiiSupp.vxd

Si3114.sys

Si3114.mpd

SI3114.inf

si3114.cat

readme.txt

So, can anyone tell me, can I use nLite to get these onto my disk? RASOR was so easy, even an id*** like me could do it, but now it's gone :no:

Thanks

EDIT: I used nLite to get the SATA drivers on the unattended disk. Windows setup detected my SATA drive so I think that was all good. However, I now have another problem. I have two SATA drives and decided to do a trial run on my spare one. I deleted the partition, reformatted it and let windows setup do it's thing. It copied all the files over that it needed and proceeded to reboot my PC. I was expecting the next part of the windows installation to launch, but for some reason it hung while booting up. First time I tried it, it looked for a boot record on the CD (which it normally does) and loaded up the first part of windows setup again, asking me to do partitions and such. So I tried taking the disk out of the drive, but it just hung after searching the CD drives.

Any ideas?

Edited by hp01jpc