BitDefender 9 Professional Plus

Nucleus

yes the script works. of course you have to translate the titles into english. but it works definitely!

the issue with the virus thing is wellknown and dinky :D . after installing BD9 just update the virus signatures and it'll work properly.

do you need a translation into english :hello: ?

Nope. This does the job for me just fine :)

RunOnceEx.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE /D "BitDefender v9.0 Pro" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\BitDefender\BitDefender.msi /qb REBOOT=Suppress SCAN=0 UPDATE=0 ICON=0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\Software\BitDefender\AutoIt3.exe \"%CDROM%\Software\BitDefender\BitDefender.au3\"" /f

BitDefender.au3 is the one i posted before.

after installing BD9 just update the virus signatures and it'll work properly

The autoit script is detected as a virus while trying to complete bitdefender registration. At least thats what happened with my unattended installation. But, i followed MHz advice, and i didnt compile the script. I just executed it as shown above in my RunOnceEx.cmd

Edited by Nucleus

• 1 month later...

There is no detailed explanation on how to register BitDefender 9 Professional Plus using the win.ini method, so here it goes.

First of all let’s make it clear, that win.ini is totally useless in WinNT, Win2K and WinXP, so the first move is to DELETE it. (%WINDIR%\win.ini) BitDefender will create it again.

Taken from http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/w/winini.htm

Win.ini

The Microsoft Windows 3.x, 95, and 98 initialization file located in windows directory. The win.ini file is used to load various settings each time Windows boots, for example, the communications drivers, wallpaper, screen saver, languages, fonts, etc... are loaded each time the win.ini is initialized. If this file becomes corrupt or bad Windows will either not load, or have several errors as it loads. Users who are running Windows NT 4.0, 2000, XP, or later operating systems no longer have a win.ini. Instead of storing these settings in this file they are stored in the system registry.

Step 1:

Install BitDefender and register it. A new win.ini will be created. Put it on your unattended cd.

Step 2:

RunOnceEx.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%\023 /VE /D "BitDefender v9.0 Pro" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\023 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\BitDefender\BitDefender.msi /qb REBOOT=Suppress SCAN=0 UPDATE=0 ICON=0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\023 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\Software\BitDefender\RegInfo.cmd" /f

Reginfo.cmd

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

TASKKILL /F /IM bdmcon.exe

COPY /Y "%~dp0win.ini" "%WINDIR%"

PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 1000 >NUL

Start "" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Softwin\BitDefender9\bdmcon.exe"

EXIT

You should place win.ini in the same folder as Reginfo.cmd, so that it can be copied over to %WINDIR%. The %~dp0 in front of win.ini is for detecting the full path of the source file. (Thanks to MHz for that little bit of information ;))

Well, that's it. BitDefender is started, and it's registered. This method solved all my problems with autoit scripts, and removed the last autoit script from my unattended DVD :)

Edited by Nucleus

• 3 weeks later...

Here is what i have done (Bit 9 Pro Plus)

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=bdis.msi /qb! REBOOT=ReallySuppress SCAN=0 UPDATE=0 ICON=1 WIN_KEY="cccccc-E7BBE-ccccc-E7A44"

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

the issue here is parental control is installed. you can select the components you dont want.

My solution

Edit the msi, remove the component you dont want. Integrate the serial into the msi package.

Edited by tempuser

Just found something interesting regarding BitDefender`s registration information. It is not located in the registry, as expected. BitDefender coders decided to store it in the Win.ini file. Just make a copy of Win.ini before BitDefender install and then look back into it after you install BD. It is MODIFIED ! Now copy the modified win.ini somewhere. Uninstall BitDefender. Replace the win.ini with the modified one. Reinstall BitDefender ! Hoooooooooray ! My BitDefender is REGISTERED ! Cheers :D

• 1 year later...

Thanks Nucleus!!

Works great, even with Bitdefender 10 Pro :thumbup

But having a problem, when using it with WPI.

Then I get the following warningmessage:

The following applications should be closed before continuing the install:
Installation
: : : Cancel : : : : : : : : Retry : : : : : : : : Ignore : : :

I guess it's talking about the WPI-installer

Works fine with 'Ignore' though, but that doesn't make it unattended anymore, doesn't it? :(

Any possibility to work around that?

Edited by Evolver

• 6 months later...