Going back to Windows XP SP2 Issue

spacesurfer

This is an interesting occurence. Anyone experience the same thing I did?

I used Norton Ghost to backup my current Windows XP SP2 installation. Then I installed Windows Vista. Everything runs fine; system is stable and fast except for a few apps that won't install in Windows Vista.

So I created a Ghost image of Vista and rolled back to XP SP2 because I needed to run those apps which did not run in Vista. However, upon rolling back, my internet connection and network sharing does not work anymore and the system slowed down!! I can't figure it out.

So then I went back to Vista using Ghost again and internet works. So I rolled back to XP SP2 and internet doesn't work and it's slow. I have no idea what's going on.

What did Vista do to my system that will not allow XP SP2 to function??

Computer Specs:

Asus p5gdc with intel 3.0 ghz processor

pioneer dvd-rw

512 mb ram

on board video card

what else do you need to know?

• 2 weeks later...

1. make sure the (ghost) image file is well prepared and has no bad blocks (use "check image file") to check this out

2. make sure NOT to use an previous version of ghost to dump the image file made by a newer version of ghost

3. sometimes during compression or decompression, ghost will, with a very low chance, make mistakes

4. your problem has nothing to do with vista, since dumping will format and overwrite the whole source partition from which the image file is extracted and compressed.

good luck

Edited by chee