Windows Vista

lisa79

Hi

Just tried installing windows vista today, when it starts the installation part of the process, it stops with the message ERROR INSTALLING ON DRIVE so then i press ok and then a next message says INSTALLATION STOPPED TAPI32.DLL NOT FOUND, anybody know if my drive is the problem or is it the copy of vista that is the problems? thanks

I get the same errors, it is probably because I selected to install vista from win xp and then when it rebooted into setup it could not find the Hard drive because its on a RAID controller (Promise FastTrakS150TX2Plus) Anyway when booting from the DVD you have an option in the setup part to load the drivers for your RAID/SATA controller but If I insert my floppy it does not detect the drivers from the floppy. I have just read that many people have trouble installing Vista on RAID/SATA hdd's.

Edited by lucavb

I believe you need to modify the structure of your driver floppy. Vista no longer uses the txtsetup.oem file. Just copy the actual driver files (including the inf) over to the root of the floppy and try again.