VMware VISTA

AnimaliX

Nice, everything is ok ... only i cant install vmware tools :( ... installator not responding and saying something about guest operating system ... ?

Edited by AnimaliX

Even if you have a 64-bit CPU, Vmware only emulates 32-bit. Try installing Windows XP x64 on Vmware and you'll see why Windows Vista 64-bit won't install even if you have a 64-bit CPU.

Nice, everything is ok ... only i cant install vmware tools :( ... installator not responding and saying something about guest operating system ... ?

to istall vmtools do the folowing , link the cd drive in vista to the windows.iso image found in four Vmware installation folder on your host OS , then go to My computer in vitsa and run the disk

Well, when i try to install, i get an error that happens after i choose the partition. I did exatly what u said, but it till happen...

the error is that:

"Setup was unable to locate a locally attached hard drive suitable for holding temporary Setup files."

Then, i click in "OK" and show me another message that it cannot find the ATAPI32.DLL and reinstallin it could fix the problem.. but, wtf??

Somebody can help me?

PS: I am brazillian, my english can be a little terrible to understand.. :P

tks all