How-To: Remove OEM Folders After Installation

nuke747

I've created an unattended installation CD of XP and have included OEM folders to install other applications, but after the installations are complete..how do you tell it to remove the setup files that it copied to the hard drive from the OEM folders? Or is this even possible?

Would implementing this command at the end of the script remove all setup files to all my applications:

DEL /S "%systemdrive%\Installers\MSN\MSNMessenger.msi"

DEL /S "%systemdrive%\Installers\MSN\"

DEL /S "%systemdrive%\Installers\"

etc....

Any tips?

Edited by nuke747

Actually, now that I understand a little more..you really dont even need to copy the installers on to the hard drive itself. Only the batch script files need to be on the hard drive to allow relevant directories (ie. %systemdrive%).

So in this case, I would only have to copy the batch file to the hard drive..run it and then delete the batch file?

What other advantages would I have by copying all the installers to the hard drive first rather than running them off the cd?

installing your applications from cdrom is sometimes a reduction in speed i think.

after copying all the installers to your hard drive and running them off the hard drive you can easily remove all your installers. so there is nothing to be said against it.

Depends on the size of the installations, I guess.

I use a multi-dvd and install plenty of applications. Copying these applications to the HDD and the installing them will take much longer than installing them directly from the DVD drive.