Is it possible to create a Windows boot cd that in

Is it possible to create a Windows boot cd that includes RAID drivers

Hi all.

I've been recently playing around with 'nlite'. (http://www.nliteos.com/nlite.html)

I was wanting to make it so i didn't have to go through that 'press F6' crap every time i want to boot from windows CD.

Thing is, my floppy has recently died, so i either have to go buy one of the stupid things, or steal my brothers everytime i need to boot from the CD.

So, i gave nlite a whirl, and included the boot drivers for my VIA RAID controller, made an image, and gave it a try. It still asks for the stupid floppy disk, other wise it can't detect my array.

So, is it possible to have teh raid drivers on the windows CD?

Also, while i have your attention, and there any hotfixes for windows 64 yet? If so, were can i download them so i can include them in my boot cd.

One more thing... when i include drivers, such as ATI video drivers, will these drivers be installed straight up once installing windows?

Edited by Snoochems

So, is it possible to have teh raid drivers on the windows CD?

Yes

Also, while i have your attention, and there any hotfixes for windows 64 yet? If so, were can i download them so i can include them in my boot cd.

Yes, there is an update pack here:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=282

But if you want to integrate them yourself with nLite then go to that link and look up the different KB numbers and download the hotfixes.

One more thing... when i include drivers, such as ATI video drivers, will these drivers be installed straight up once installing windows?

They are installed silently during windows install I believe.

Here are the changes I made to manually implement viamrx64.sys into my preinstall CD:

[SourceDisksFiles]
viamrx64.sys = 1,,,,,,3_,4,1,,,1,4

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3249 = "viamrx64"
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3149 = "viamrx64"
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3164 = "viamrx64"

[SCSI.Load]
viamrx64 = viamrx64.sys,4

[SCSI]
viamrx64 = "VIA VT64xx/SATA RAID Controller"

You could check and make sure those lines exist in your txtsetup.sif (the last line may look slightly different as I modified it). Also make sure the file itself exists in your AMD64 directory and not your i386 directory.