Few questions about .NET

Hello there!

Yesterday I decided to begin working with VB.NET (creating GUI in vbscript isnt comfortable)... But I encountered few problems, so I would like to ask few questions...

1.) How to use another form??? I was thinking something like

Dim Form2 as Form
Form2.Show()

But it is creating new form, not using existing one :(

2.) How to find out who created the file? I mean Owner property :(

3.) How to simply access XML configuration file? I think I should use XPath, I was thinking about something like WMI convention (Where Name="Logs" get Path)

Are you using XML files?

4.) Why isnt working

MsgBoxStyle.Critical.OKOnly

?

When I enter numerical value, it is working just fine :(

I am just trying to show critical box with OK button (or question with yesno etc.)...

However even through IntelliSense will provide me with this options, they are not doing what they are supposed to do :( The middle section is ignored.

About forms, I thought it is similar to VB6 (form.show), however as I can see it is working differently... From .NET logic I was thinking that I have to create form as form class (it is working), however I dont know how to manipulate with existing form :(

Another question.

I have two ListView objects... One is for finished installations, second is for running installations.

I created few global variables, that are showing the selection (computer name etc.). However I am trying to find simple way how to determine if anything is selected? I imagine something like

bIsSelected = list1.ItemSelected

Hello guys again :) I am planning to create something like timer for my work... So when I arrive to my office, I will simply turn it on and it will ring after I spend my usual 8 (:D) hours at work...

Have you implemented code similar to this?