export import policies

Sorry

I try to explain better me (but I don't speak very well the English)

Having to make a lot of installations of domain with almost identical configurations in the remote centers I have created a dvd autoinstallante that installs and it configures an one server 2003 containing a RIS, WSUS and ... . I now have the necessity to export the policies of domain and the WSUS created on the master and to import her on the new servers

how can I do?

take a look HERE , it's an overview of all the basic principles about Active Directory.

You might find the answer.

GPO Operations

GPO operations refer to the ability to backup (export), restore, import, and copy GPOs. Backing up a GPO consists of making a copy of GPO data to the file system. Note that the Backup function also serves as the export function for GPOs. Backed up GPOs can be used either in conjunction with Restore or Import operations.

Restoring a GPO takes an existing GPO backup and re-instantiates it back in the domain. The purpose of a restore is to reset a specific GPO back to the identical state it was in when it was backed up. This restoration does not include GPO links. This is because the links are a property of the container the GPO is linked to, not the GPO itself. Since a restore operation is specific to a particular GPO, it is based on the GUID and domain of the GPO. Therefore, a restore operation cannot be used to transfer GPOs across domains.

Importing a GPO allows you to transfer settings from a backed up GPO to an existing GPO. You can perform this operation within the same domain, across domains, or across forests. This allows for many interesting capabilities such as staging of a test GPO environment in a lab before importing into a production environment.

Restoring and Importing a GPO will remove any existing settings already in the target GPO. Only the settings in the backup will be in the GPO when these operations are complete.

Copying a GPO is similar to an export/import operation only the GPO is not saved to a file system location first. In addition, a copy operation creates a new GPO as part of the operation, whereas an import uses an existing GPO as its destination.

Edited by interminded