Highligthing icons in explorer window

Is there some window message to do this? I'd like to be able to highlight and icon (a file or a folder) in explorer window, just like when you click on it. To give you and idea, when you complete a download in Download Accelerator +, in the popup you can select "open folder" and it opens the folder that contains the downloaded file, with the file already focused. That's what I'm trying to do... If anyone can help me, thanks in advance...

Is there some window message to do this? I'd like to be able to highlight and icon (a file or a folder) in explorer window, just like when you click on it. To give you and idea, when you complete a download in Download Accelerator +, in the popup you can select "open folder" and it opens the folder that contains the downloaded file, with the file already focused. That's what I'm trying to do... If anyone can help me, thanks in advance...

I know firefox does this... in the download list right click on a file and select "open containing folder".... It opens an explorer window and the downloaded file is "pre-selected" a.k.a. highlighted! Ummm I think the project is open source. Maybe that code can be useful to you.