Providing a Virtual Hosting Service with Windows3k

gremin

Hi There, My company provides virtual hosting services with linux/php/mysql. We have been asked by a couple of major clients to provide ASP/.NET on windows with MsSQL virtual hosting services as well... Im just doing some reasearch into this. Can any one provide me with any good pointers/links to help me in this?

Thanks

Simon

Hi,

what in detail do you wann'a know?

General Implementation Details?

How to implement it in your case?

If you know how to set up Apache/MySQL/PHP with virtual hosting you should have no problem in setting up IIS/MsSQL/ASP because like most other MS Software, it's nearly self explaning on how to set up it.

If you want to master the full details of IIS i can recommend you the following two books:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/073...3277952-9423857

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...g=UTF8&v=glance

Egon

Hey Thanks for the reply. I guess from more of a security/process side. Ive spent a long time making sure that our hosting service with LAMP is ultra secure. I just want to implement that same ideal on a windows platform as well.

Also any gotchas with licencing etc.

The other key fact is automation. We have a fully automated control panel for our LAMP/Mail/DNS setup and i would want to look at intergrating any other platforms into that. (e.g. setup web hosts/settings etc).

not that i have tried.. we have it set up on each machine.. it has been a while since setting it up though...

I have version 6.0 and it gives you 3 different color options. That is about all in terms of look and feel configuration...