RunOnceEX sequencing

I am doing a mass install using RunOnceEX for application installs, and I would like to do it in such a way as to have some standalone RunOnceEX CMD files for each app, so that later installs, reinstalls are easy. The idea would be to have each install flooowed directly by the appropriate cleanup scrips, for example

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Acrobat Reader" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "Acrobat Reader Install" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 2 /D "Desktop shortcut delete script" /f

My concern is that all the examples I have ever seen put the cleanup as a seperate entry, at the bottom. Is this because some installs don't allow RunOnceEX to wait, and thus are not done when the cleanup script is run? Or is it that all of the 10 stuff above runs before say 10 does, but 10 1 might not complete before 10 2 runs? in which case, perhaps making all the cleanup be, say 99 1, 99 2, 99 3, etc, with each sub command a seperate cleanup, might work?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Gordon

You can do it that way, but then you also have to worry about the weird installers. If an installer is "wrapped" by a compressor, then it can show weird behavior. For example a winrar sfx file will not be completed till the installer finishes running, while a 7z sfx file will not (by default). So if you compress your installer in these wrappers, you can see weird behaviors.

Also consolidating the cleanup into one file is easier than one for each program, but you are correct. Ideally it would be better to throw them in with the program install, and not at the end. You are definately correct in your thinking, and are taking steps to improve your install, but we try to break it down for the stupid people more. They would ask why don't we just consolidate everything into one file, yadayadayada. Go with your lowest common denominator, and thats why we go that route.

You can do it that way, but then you also have to worry about the weird installers.  If an installer is "wrapped" by a compressor, then it can show weird behavior.  For example a winrar sfx file will not be completed till the installer finishes running, while a 7z sfx file will not (by default).  So if you compress your installer in these wrappers, you can see weird behaviors.

Also consolidating the cleanup into one file is easier than one for each program, but you are correct.  Ideally it would be better to throw them in with the program install, and not at the end.  You are definately correct in your thinking, and are taking steps to improve your install, but we try to break it down for the stupid people more.  They would ask why don't we just consolidate everything into one file, yadayadayada.  Go with your lowest common denominator, and thats why we go that route.

Got cha. Thanks. One other reason for stand-alone installs is that my office has a real mix of user types. Everyone gets 10 or so common apps, then one groups gets three CAD apps, three get CAD apps plus graphics apps, two get some accounting apps, etc. With stand-alone installers, it is pretty easy to build an install CD for each user or user type. I have been having some issues, so I may just make a single CD for the common apps and windows, then make seperate installers for the less common stuff.

Thanks again,

Gordon