Registration Form

Hey,

I sell quite a few computers and now would like to know if I can make a registration form that would popup after 30 days and they could fill it out to let me know how they like there pc and if there is anything else we could do for them

I would like to add this into my unattended cd .... any idea????

Thanks

You could load a key to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and call a batch file would check date and if its correct then pop the screen. That would run each time the PC is booted and if you can imagine the possibility of error's in this are quite large.

BTW: One of the first key's I do a clean and delete on when I used to purchase a pre-built so now I build my own.

Pick up the tele and call them, might be easier and less intrusive. ET phone home if you know what I mean.

I understand but as u know people work during the day and ain't always easy to get a hold of them. The PC's we build are custom build I just wanted some feedback from our customers and for the phone part of it I would have to hire someone because there is to many people to call

Dell, Hp, Compaq do it so there has to be a easy away

scheduled task

You'd have to export that from C:\WINDOWS\Tasks to

$OEM$\$$\Tasks and maybe call a Document or your form.

Setting the user it will run under though may be a bit tricky. Just require some testing.

Yep HP DEll, those were the ones I was referring to as I've tried their machines in the past. They call an exe from the Run key. I've also seen them add something to Startup folder.

Edited by maxXPsoft