Symantec AntiVirus 10, disabling start scans

azaze1

What is the best way to disable the startup scans for mass deployment?

I've read about the registry entries that are needed, and it would be a huge pain in order to get those implemented for every single user on every machine in the network. But it looks like that is what I am faced with unless there is some install switch that will do it.

Here are the ideas I've been tossing around.

Include a call to fix.cmd for the user logon scripts. Fix.cmd will make the registry entries needed for the current user as well as the default user for future logins (so long as they don't already have a profile on the machine).

Then once I confirm that every user has run that script, I can deploy the client from the Symantec System Center. Or I can do a psexec @complist.txt to execute a 7z self extracting archive I made that installs a managed client.

What would be easiest is if I could find a way to alter the program that the remote deployment tool uses within SSC so that it runs a batch script that executes the fix.cmd followed by the managed client install.

Yeah this is a mess, but I'm just looking for some brainstorming ideas from people who have already done this, or are faced with the same situation.

group policy install would be the best way to handle this methinks, but I'm not sure what scan you're talking about. perhaps this? http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-s...src=bar_sch_nam

Heh, so there is already an update to 10.0. I guess I need to update, because this says that 10.0.1 can disable the start scans from the SSC. My general tab doesn't have a scans section =\

Oh well, this will certainly be easiest anyway.