Acknowledgement Card, Please!

Didn't think this would be that cool, But Fritz youve done a marvellous job here. :)

Thanks very much :D

I'll try and get out a new version very soon, with the audio support

Watch this space

Edit: The reason for the loss of picture quality is because the project is an 800 by 600 canvas that is stretched to fullscreen, so the image is too. I think I can stop the picture stretching to bigger resolutions.

Edited by Fritz_Saxi

17:58 09/07/2005

New version improvements:

-hopefully better scaling (tell me otherwise)

-music support including dynamic fade :P

-custom jpg size w00t

-custom font and color for both text and title independantly

how to use strings.txt:

strings.txt is where you can customise the slide show by editing the text after the = sign.

Open up strings.txt in your text editor and change what you want.

Here is a guide of all the variables used in the text file

&colorbg=000000

the 000000 represents the 6 digit hex code after the #, use this to change the colour of the background

&textColor=FFFFFF

the 000000 represents the 6 digit hex code after the #, use this to change the colour of the text

&titleColor=FF00FF

the 000000 represents the 6 digit hex code after the #, use this to change the colour of the titles

&textfontSize=40

The font size of the text, experiment

titlefontSize=40

The font size of the titles, experiment

&useImage=1

Leave as 1 to use an image, anything else will terminate the slide show before the picture appears

&imagePath=image.jpg

local path to your image file

&imageX=512

the x-size of your image, in order to centre the image

&imageY=512

the y-size of your image, in order to centre the image

&useMusic=1

to use music while the slide show is playing, leave as 1

&musicPath=music.mp3

local path to your music file

&useFade=1

whether to use the dynamic fade on the background music

&string_credtitle=Credits

The main title in the slide show, change as appropriate

&string_title1=Driver Compression:

The title text in the slide show, change as appropriate, from &string_title1 to &string_title8

&string_text1=Master Driver Compressors

The text in the slide show, change as appropriate, from &string_text1 to &string_text8

Download: http://dc1.4shared.com/file/70163/cf8dacff...ts2-090705.html

To-do list:

-Background image support

-multi music

-font options

-and more

Suggestions??

Dear Fritz,

The way you are improving the cred2.exe day by day, you're just provocating us to appreciate you!! And, I appreciate, Mate. It's becoming elegant, Mate. There's very little to complain about the last.

I can only suggest:

Give some thinking about what you wished from the very beginning. If, cred2.exe will run first for, say, 50 secs, and then Shutdown.exe starts, will we be able to use 60 secs of shutdown.exe routine for the flash show purpose? And, i apprehend, if these 2 EXE works one after another, we will never be able to steal 60 secs from shutdown.exe. What will happen, as i could imagine, is: cred2.exe runs for 50 secs =>Shutdown.exe runs for 60 secs => we run to the point from where we started.

Prepare your mind to pack shutdown.exe command inside your cred2.exe as the starting instruction. Don't worry about shutdown message box; we can use Sysinternals silent Psshutdown.exe to throw away any obstruction on the way of our flash board.

Other requests coming soon!

@ Fritz

I think you should consider making a new thread with a proper title so ppl will know

what this is............great job by the way looks very good, changes, well may be multi

lines or at least a third one..........or if it's already capable how to...........

BD B)

Sorry meant for title of new thread:

Credits - show credit movie at

the end of your install w\music

or something........

Edited by bonedaddy

@Moonlight sonata

thinking about the shutdown command, i thought it was gonna be in your final cleanup batch before executing the flash projector

shutdown -r -t 60
start pathto/cred2.exe

then the shutdown command happens shortly followed by the projector, does the shutdown prompt appear always on top?

Flash can't execute shell commands, but a simple batch file could. What is the other way?

@bonedaddy

good idea about the music credits, i'll get them in somewhere

keep the comments coming, gives me something to work towards :)

edit:About the new thread, i'll think about it, maybe the next release, if the improvement is as sizeable as the last few.

Edited by Fritz_Saxi

WOW!!!

Now for a template engine. :P

Instead of just a simple text file. Maybe use an INI file or something, if that's possiable ?

I pefered the HTML method myself, but it still ROCKS either way!!! :D

Thanks a lot,

Will

Edited by war59312

@war59312

What kind of options would you like to see in an .ini file?

Flash only imports plain variables from text files, but I would like to know what kind of formatting you would like to see.

Thanks

How about settings so the display window shows at different sizes??

@war59312

What kind of options would you like to see in an .ini file?

Flash only imports plain variables from text files, but I would like to know what kind of formatting you would like to see.

Thanks

How about settings so the display window shows at different sizes??

I could give the option of full screen or not.

I should have a new version coming out soon. I've sorted the custom jpg background and music artist/track credits. I might also have a mess about with the font formatting, but i won't promise anything :P

Edited by Fritz_Saxi

I just tried it out and I think it's great! It does the job, looks very professional, and allows acknowledgement to be presented. I just found a 49 sec version of the original StarTrek intro which fits perfectly!

Good work, Fritz_Saxi! Thank you for making the effort. Oh, you forgot to put yourself in the credits!! :o)