Remove Win98 SE Service Pack

You could do it by hand for replacing the files by opening SP2 installer (7-Zip can do that) looking at all the files it replaces. Extract all the corresponding files from your install cabs, put them somewhere in a folder and create a wininit.ini file in your windows folder for automatically replacing them at next startup before windows loads.

For restoring modified registry entries I have no solution to offer. You will probably find in the inf which registry values have been modified or added but you will get no clue as to what the original values might have been.

If Gape (or someone else) is kind enough, he will monitor an install of SP2 with Install Watch Pro (Freeware) and post here the exports. This soft allows to export in REGEDIT4 format and in separate files the original and the new registry values. It then requires little work (mostly cleaning off irrelevant data) to create a registry file to merge in the registry and restore it to the state it was prior to the install.

If used to its full power (albeit at the expense of speed) this soft allows, additionally to the registry exports to monitor the whole drive for file changes with information including size, date, path, version and CRC32 checksum. It will even optionally monitor filetypes for precise content change (works with any text filetypes, haven't tested this function on binaries).

With this soft any installation can be reverted provided that this installation does not prevent alltogether to restart windows. But even in this case provided the user has not choosen to do the second snapshot after reboot (InstallWatch does ask you if you want to do so if it detects the creation of a wininit.ini file when you click on Analyze), the database will contain all the information needed to know why the system did not restart.

Hope this will help.

Thanks for the answer.

The program not bad, me wouldn't be desirable to delete it, but a problem in system tray, he sometimes "hangs".

On English language it is heavy to tell some russian phrases :)

I have never experienced such problems with InstallWatch, nor any problems at all with it for that matter. And I use it quite extensively since some time.

I imagine you have problems with your system in general, which is why you seek to remove SP2. And which is why you ere having errors with explorer.

InstallWatch is anyway useless for you in your particular situation.

I have never experienced such problems with InstallWatch, nor any problems at all with it for that matter. And I use it quite extensively since some time.

I imagine you have problems with your system in general, which is why you seek to remove SP2. And which is why you ere having errors with explorer.

InstallWatch is anyway useless for you in your particular situation.

Thanks for the help. I have understood a problem.