Fine tuning the install process...

I'm taking the lazy man's way of doing this, so bare with me...

I've downloaded the Autopatcher utility and rather than slipstream the updates into the Windows files, I decided to just let the thing run as a part of the RunOnceExCmd.cmd... Now, my only issue with this is that I don't know how to make it install silently, if at all possible...

I also don't know how to get Firefox 1.4 to install silently, nor OpenOffice 1.1.4... Any help would be appreciated...

You're not going to get much help unless you search first and then come back with something that doesn't work. Both of the programs you mentioned have topics relating to them.

so bare with me
Sorry man, I'm not into that.

Hotfixes are really, really easy to integrate. Use RyanVM's Post SP2 Update Pack and integrate via NLite if you're too lazy to edit the files yourself.

Also, Firefox 1.4 does not exist, and isn't even scheduled on the Firefox roadmap

We are planning for a Firefox 2.0, but will divide the planned work over (at this point) three major Milestones, 1.1 (July 2005), 1.5 (unscheduled) and 2.0 (unscheduled). All major development work will be done on the Mozilla trunk, and these releases will coincide with Gecko version revs.

As Zxian said, OpenOffice and the versions of Firefox that exist have been discussed in detail all over this forum. Do a little searching before posting.

Well, I figured out Firefox and Open office, and I integrated all the hotfixes, but I now remember why I chose to use the autopatcher in the first place, integrating the updates makes the overall size 100mb bigger, which lessens the amount of stuff I can add to the initial install process....

So, essentially by keeping the updates raw and then having the autopatcher go through and update everything on completion I'm saving 100mb....

So is there anyway to automate the AutoPatcher install?