OT: How to unsubscribe?

terrypin

I've been trying to get an answer to this in the Site & Forum Issues forum, but so far haven't had one. Can anyone here help please?

I'm having difficulty unsubscribing. The instructions (on every email) say:

'You can unsubscribe at any time by logging into your control panel and clicking on the "View Subscriptions" link.'

There is no such link, but I gather it means 'Subscriptions>View Forums'.

However, what exactly do I do when I get there please? The drop-down box already contains 'Unsubscribe' which I find confusing, as that seems to be exactly what I want to do. But that does nothing. The drop-down choices also include:

'Change to: No Email Notification'. But after choosing that and clicking 'With selected'? (which I assume means 'Apply selected option') I am still getting email messages.

(Note that I do have the other option disabled, about getting emails from the Administrator.)

Similarly, I cannot seem to unsubscribe from a topic. Whatever I do, it persists in displaying the 'delayed email option'.

Has anyone else managed to unsubscribe and/or stop emails, and if so can you tell me how please?

Or does this Board simply not work properly?

--

Terry, West Sussex, UK

is it individual topic that you are subscribed to?

then select topics instead of forums, that section tells you what threads you are subscribed to and you can deselect them from there

• 3 weeks later...
is it individual topic that you are subscribed to?

then select topics instead of forums, that section tells you what threads you are subscribed to and you can deselect them from there

Thanks. I've now finally realised the cause of my difficulty - a language problem!

The box on the Control pages which says 'With selected' should IMO say something like 'Apply to selected entries'.

'Unsubscribe with selected' just didn't make any sense to me.

--

Terry, West Sussex, UK