WinXP SP2 Bootscreen Problem

Juzman

Hey guys, I tried for about 1hr to create an XP SP2 bootscreen for my custom XP cd with BootEditor to no avail :(

I was wondering if someone would be willing to help create it for me?

This is the image: boot.bmp (13kb).

It looks weird just viewing it, but when loaded in BootEditor, it looked fine.

Thanks heeps!

Edit:

Okay, so i got it going, is there a way to compress it and use on the cd, eg, would makecab ntoskrnl.exe then copy to I386 on CD work?

Thanks

Edit: nvm, i used modifype, and makecab :)

Edited by Juzman

ya im also having problems making mine, i got a folder from LHA BOOT SCREENS

I tried using the ResourceHacker program to replace the .bmp files for background and progress bar, Well it showed up when the computer booted but it was All crappy looking like bright green and very ugly pixels like reds blues and alot of green. And its alot bigger almost the whole screen , where as the pic on the link shows it alot smaller not sure if there is a problem there

Anyone that can make me a ntoskrnl.exe file with the LHA DARK theme from the link above cause iv been trying for over 2 hours. or give me a hint whats wrong.

Suppost to change bmp for #1 , #8 and #10 , well on some of the websites out there that show a guide using ResourseHacker they show #10 as the PROFESSIONAL like on this link scroll down some resourcehacker guide

but i dont have a #10 cause since sp2 they took out the professional and home logo and just made it windows xp. but still my problem i dont know what it is, mabye somebody thats good at this can slap me one together id really appriecate it.