Program to monitor my Registry

Hello,

First i want to say, sorry for my bad english :} but i'll try to discribe my question.

Is there a program that will monitor my register, so when i change something in my windows configuration that the program log the changes that were made in the registry, so that i can put the changes to my *.REG file for my unattended Win XP Pro installation disc.

Thanks...

Edited by Procaine

Hmm the only registry monitor type of program I know of off the top of my head is the Tea Timer program in Spybot which lets you know if a program is trying to mod your registry. I dont understand what exactly you are trying to do...hopefully someone else in this forum does!

Are you trying to make tweaks in the registry and have it remember what tweaks you made so that next time you reinstall xp the tweaks will be remembered?

what i want to do is to set some settings in my windows configuration and when they set i want to know what changes in the registry so that i can make a reg file whit all the settings i need and when i have a unattended windows xp pro instalaltion disc with a batch file that load the reg file that then all the settings automaticly set. hope this will understanding what i want to do.

In addition there is a modified version of RegShot that automatically saves the changes with .reg syntax (but still as text file) if you DON'T want to have to edit everything...

Also you might try InstallRite or RegMon (look on google).

Edited by spiritpyre

• 4 months later...

Hi Procaine, my english is not perfect either but I can say I've got what you were looking for.

I'm using an utility to make .REG files of my XP or programs changes in a unattended instalation.

It's name is ART (Advanced Registry Tracer).

You only have to click in the green buttom, it scans all tre registry.

Yo make the changes you want (number of columns and size in explorer, aplly to all windows for example).

Scan registry again (green buttom).

Click the symbol with the two geen separated by a slash Q/Q.

Now yoy can see what's changed and even you can make a Redo or undo .REG file :whistle:

You only have to edit it (Remove the Crypt and MRU lines)

Try it and tell me, I hope have apported good help.

Cheers from Spain! :D