Network Issues

syn3rgy

Hi All

I have used nlite to create a slipstreamed windows xp install with some some windows components removed. however, no matter what i do, may it be an iso with all components or with some removed i keep getting the below error

Intranet is not accessable. You might not have permissions to use this network. Contact the system administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The server list for this work group is currently not available.

My friend has nearly the same PC with the exceptions of Graphics card and an additional HDD. I have tried his build, multiple other nlite builds an nothing seems to work.

If i go to "Start>run" and type in //computername/ i can get access to his shares, its only when i click on "my Network" and click on "View work group computers" do i get that error message.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Syn3rgy

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem as you. The cause was that I removed the Firewall (Internet Connect Sharing/Windows Firewall service. You cannot remove it if you want to be able to use your network properly since it screws up the configuration, apperently. If you haven't removed this service then perhaps, you could make a list of all things that you have removed so that we can help you easier?