IE Cache Issue

war59312

Hey,

Can you guys maybe turn off the IE cache setting. Appears only IE is effected by this "bug". Of course. :realmad:

If you use IE you know what I mean.

More often then not, when posting a reply you then have to refresh the page manually via F5 for it to show up as the forum appears to have cache pages enabled. Yes, starting a new topic is not effected as IPB always forces a non cache refresh after starting a new topic. Same non chace process should happen if you disable the option, that is for replys as well as new topics, instead of just new topics.

I know it saves a "little" bit of bandwidth, but dang it's annoying. I am not talking about compression either. ;)

Seems most Admins who use IPB have the option disabled. I believe it's disabled by Default in IPB 2.0.

Again seems IE is only effected so nothing would change for users who prefer a different browser. :thumbup

Forgot to say, even making IE check for new pages every time instead of automaticly in IE options, it still happens. Like I said, it's happening more often then not. Meaning it does not happen every single time. But, it for sure, is happening more often then just occasionally.

Really would appreciate it.

Also, only IPB forum ATM that I have this issue with. So pretty sure it's the IPB cache option if you left it in tact. I could be wrong so please let me know. Then it could be an issue with my stupid IE. Though I would think all IPB forums would be effected, or at least more than just one. :unsure:

Thanks again,

Will