Nothing Happen@Bootmenu

rewyn

Hi,

this is my first Multi Boot DVD. I've done everything described in the guide and checked it. I mounted the created iso file in Daemon Tools an then booted from it in VPC 2004.

Then I saw the boot menu and i was happy and thought everything will be right, but if i choose WinXP, 2000 or any other NT5x installation optoin nothing happen.

I then have a black screen instead of the installation screen. After a while he says that he can't find a boot disk and reboot after any key is pressed.(Same as when no boot disk is insert and no hard disk is aviable to boot)

I searched the board but found nothing similar.

Are there any ideas, what i can do?

I'm using CD Shell. No NT based System was working, but Win98SE installation worked.

I was searching a lot and the i have done a downgrade of CD Shell to Version 2.0.11 and now it works.

I have only tested it with WINXP SP2 an the installation work find, but after reboot he wants me to insert a disk with the SP2 Files, but they are alredy in the rigth folder. If i give him the directory of the file D:\SETUP\XP\Professional\ witch i have set in TXTSETUP.SIF correctly, he can find the file and the installation goes on. This have to do for all SP2 Files... :(

I think something is wrong with the TXTSETUP.SIF file, but there is all set correctly.

You didn't include the SP2 ident files at the root of your disk

Common ident files if your slipstreamed SP1 and SP2 (omit SP1 files if you took a original copy of XP and SS'd XP2 directly).

XP Home:

WIN51IC

WIN51IC.SP1

WIN51IC.SP2

XP Pro and up:

WIN51IP

WIN51IP2

WIN51IP.SP1

WIN51IP.SP2

Look at the root of the original disk or the folder where (if) you slipstreamed for the exact list of ident files you must include at the root of your multiboot distro (if you tried to hide them that will also cause windows to become navigationly challenged as well..

I have the ident files in the right directory, but i couldn't WIN51IP2 anywhere...

My Installtion CD with SP2 works fine and from it i have taken the XP files.