Unattended Multiboot DVD problem

Bob_Hu

I created a multi boot dvd using the great instructions on flyakite, once I corrected the capital letter problem on files and folders it works like a treat.

So now I came to add unattended setups and this is where I have a problem.

Take 2000 Professional for instance (which is the one I can't get working), the folder structure for 2k is:

aoi-dvd\setup\2000\prof

aoi-dvd\2PRO

I have a 2PRO bootfiles folder and a 2PRO.dat file

The above install works fine and installs without a prob. Following the tutorial on flyakite I copied the 2PRO folder into a 2PRU folder, then copied 2pro.dat and created a 2pru.dat, then edited 2pru.dat to point to 2PRU folder. Both 2PRU and 2PRO use the SETUP\2000\PROF setup files.

I then made my winnt.sif file and put it in 2PRU, but the install completely ignores the answer file. I did make the necessary changes to the menu to start 2PRU.dat.

I thought well maybe it's my answer file and made a completely new one but still it gets completely ignored. Maybe it's Virtual PC that's doing this but I don't know for sure.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong?

Hi sir

yester day I went trough all the process you have done.

If you noticed when you creat answer file for 2000 pro by wizard it will not ask you for CDkey but it ask you for all other setting to be answerd.

you show open the winnt.sif in note pad and add the CD key line manualy like I did replace the stars with your CD key and save it:

[userData]

ProductID=*****-*****-*****-*****-*****

FullName="Any thing"

ComputerName=Any thing

Yeh I did that, the answer file shouldn't have any problems with it as it's from an unattended 2000 pro install I made myself and works. The problem is the multi-dvd isn't using it at all for any of the settings.

Must be something I have done otherwise everyone would have the same problem.

Yes I understand now, I did not test mine yet when I give you the instruction, mine got the same problem it igror the answer file.

I will serach other ways if it was successfull then I will post you some information.

If you are going to have an unattended setup... there are many ways of doing this....

The easiest way that i had mine working is to make a new folder just for you unattended. For example... you have \SETUP\2000\PROF.... MAKE ANOTHER -- \SETUP\2000\UNT

Copy all of your files there with your new winnt.sif and make sure you update your txtsetup.sif; 2pro.dat (the one for the unattended)

Hope this clarifies things.