IIS 5.0 is serving up pages very slow?

Out of nowhere last week our web server now servers up web pages extremely slow. It almost seems like it is mainly the images that come up slow. On a DSL connection it takes 45 seconds to load a page that used to take less than a second.

We are running IIS 5.0 on a windows 2000 pro box. We are also running ColdFusion 7.0, but this seems to have no relevance because static HTML with images are coming up just as slow. We have checked the bandwidth and have no problems there. We can return large recordsets through a query browser gui with no problem. Text comes up kind of slow, but images come up really slow.

It seems to be IIS 5.0 that has the problem and we have been trouble shooting for days. Does anyone know what this might be and how we can fix it?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Hi, I have same problem. Suddenly my IIS begin to serve images very slow. I have CF7 services stopped. When I read that you have CF7 too, I suppose that be a connection or relationship between CF7, IIS and problem.

Can you try to change the status of your CF services ?

I start and stop CF services and the problem dissapear...yes, I don't know what happend, may be something inside a IIS metabase...

I will try to inspect more.

I hope this help you.

regards

-gabriel