Shutting Off XP

aKaFrEE

when i go to shut down Xp the **** thing reboots...their was a thing on windows update about somthin like that but it didnt work...i read somthing about it around here but i cant find it here either...

and right before the logon screen comes up i get the disk checker ....usually when it tries to reboot instead of shut down and i turn it off

when i go to shut down Xp the **** thing reboots...their was a thing on windows update about somthin like that but it didnt work...i read somthing about it around here but i cant find it here either...

and right before the logon screen comes up i get the disk checker ....usually when it tries to reboot instead of shut down and i turn it off [/quote:e108900057]

If you have EZ CD 5 Platnium, then install this Update:

f*p://ftp.roxio.com/roxio/Products/en/ECDC/XP/Platinum/XP_up_Platinum.exe

ok the power problem is solved...thanks for the help guys

but before i get the welcome/logon screen this disk check comes up sayin that "one of your drives integrity needs to be checked" any ideas about this...it even does it after a proper shutdown...is there anyway to disable it...u used to be able to disable scan disk on a bad shut down but i dont see that option in MSCONFIG

thanks