Looking For Right-Click Context Menu Reg Files

Also I believe "Create Shortcut" is a standard option on all filetypes much like "Copy" and "Paste", so if it IS possible to get rid of it I doubt that it will be easy to find -- or well documented anywhere. but if you DO manage to find please let me know.  :D

That would be:

shell32.dll

Create ShortCut:

Menu > 210 > 1033

And:

Paste ShortCut & Undo Delete:

Menu > 215 > 1033

Edited by war59312

Also I believe "Create Shortcut" is a standard option on all filetypes much like "Copy" and "Paste", so if it IS possible to get rid of it I doubt that it will be easy to find -- or well documented anywhere. but if you DO manage to find please let me know.  :D

That would be:

shell32.dll

Create ShortCut:

Menu > 210 > 1033

And:

Paste ShortCut & Undo Delete:

Menu > 215 > 1033

Thanks...and I stand corrected. (I assume I need to edit shell32.dll and remove those entries?)

btw you wouldn't happened to know some shell32/rundll32/whatever command to make the file view in explorer refresh would you? Like when you use (right-click in folder background) {Context Menu} | Refresh after changing a registry entry...

I have tried this with no luck.

Edited by spiritpyre

Thanks...and I stand corrected. (I assume I need to edit shell32.dll and remove those entries?)

btw you wouldn't happened to know some shell32/rundll32/whatever command to make the file view in explorer refresh would you? Like when you use (right-click in folder background) {Context Menu} | Refresh after changing a registry entry...

I have tried this with no luck.

Yes simply edit shell32 and remove those entries. I just use Resource Hacker to remove the entries.

Replacer is the easy way to replace shell32.dll :

www3.telus.net/_/replacer/

Sorry dont know any command to do that or anything.

Just wanted to thank you guys for all this. Especially spiritpyre...who is fast becoming "The Man of the Hour" on the "Favorite Tweaks" thread I recently put up on my modest site. (A really nice lady from England gave me the site...paid for everything for me. She's great.)

Anyway, maybe when you find time you can post a couple of your jewels there, too.

http://www.bold-fortune.com/forums/index.p...&st=0#entry1900

thanks :D but to be fair you guys did give me something to start with. I'll check it out when i get some time. but it might be a day or two as I've putting alot of work into trying to implement the final step of a project I'm working on and I have a final exam this monday that I have to study for :w00t:

...just a quick post: found this while trying to fix something in my project and while it wasn't what I was looking for it seemed alot like wat like war59312 was saying about editing shell32.dll to remove items in the menu:

http://wint.virtualplastic.net/showtweak.php?tweak_id=111

and for ie:

http://wint.virtualplastic.net/showtweak.php?tweak_id=57

Edited by spiritpyre

if anybody can figure out commandline argument/equivalents for:

"Add to Sync List" (1)

"Add to Burn List" (2)

"Add to Now Playing List" (1)

"Add to Playlist" (2)

I might be able to write a shell extension to replace a double entry with a single one. I don't have WMP 10 atm but an extension would let us get rid of a "1" and keep a "2" (the "1"/"2" thing just means that WMP ties the options together...as far as I can tell... so you can't have one without the other...at least not without some work).

I found a list of commandline arguments here but like i said i don't have WMP10 yet so I won't have time to verify that these work the same for at least a few days. (if you can do it with one file that should be all i need for now).

Can anyone verify that these work?

I should probably add that its not a laziness thing so much as I'm working on other projects. I hope to be finshed in a few more days then I'll get WMP10 and see what i can do :P

• 2 weeks later...

i think somones looking for this tweak.. :whistle:

;Removes Map Network Drive & Manage Context
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoNetConnectDisconnect"=dword:00000001
"NoManageMyComputerVerb"=dword:00000001