Tips For Google?

anyone got any tips for when searching google or search engines for getting help with coding issues?

an example of what im trying to say is just b4 i was searching google on "how to clear the screen in C" so i typed "C Clear Screen" came up with a couple of results but also came up with stuff like clear a screen saver.

so if u understood that any tips?

and also how do i clear the screen in C ?

i tryed

system("cls"); <- it came up with 'system' : undeclared identifier (presume this is because this is a C++ command not C)

Programming + "C"+"clear screen"

This is a good way to preface anything when googling. Think of the big picture and get more precise results by adding the + mark. If there is a specific description that you are looking for then make sure to enclose it inside ""

Programming + "C"+"clear screen"

This is a good way to preface anything when googling. Think of the big picture and get more precise results by adding the + mark. If there is a specific description that you are looking for then make sure to enclose it inside ""

No need for the + signs in Google... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I think you need stdio or stdlib for system(). Also try including common programming keywords. Throwing in 'void' or 'unsigned' might help to locate chunks of code people have posted. And of course the ever-useful quotes to find specific strings. You can do something like "int x = y + 2" (with quotes) and it will only find that specific string rather than searching for each character and removing the + sign.