remote desktop from work to home?

Hey y'all...

ok heres my problem. I work for the Royal Bank (Canadian bank) as a PSO Admin (IT Support for about 100 people working on a bigass project). I want to remote desktop my home pc from work. Now being a bank and being extremely secure, I have tried many things and nothing works. I have tried RD, RD web access, changing RD to port 80 on my home pc, VNC, vnc thru port 80, 8081, vnc thru IE java interface. All with no luck. They are running ISA2000 for their Internet hosting. Does anyone have any thoughts on remote access?

Maybe this will help : Click Here

I hope this helps!

Some ISP's block ports such as 80 (Ex. Verizon) :angry: as well as common alternatives such as 8080 and 8081. They are not blocked because the ISP does not want you running a server, but because of a virus that spread through that port several years ago. If your problem is concerning ports, this site may help you as well : Click Here

What are opened port from you company?

What proxy do you use - if you are from bank, probably your proxy will have advanced scanning, e.g. everything must be first downloaded to proxy, scanned for viruses/IDS and them continue to user. In this case you must find "live" port. Usually (if it is allowed) you can use telnet port for this purposes.

Why didnt you contact your network engineers?

Thanks a lot...

I havn't tried goto my pc, but seeing how its a well-known RD program, I can only assume they blocked it.

Ill give the telnet port a go. The reason I didn't contact my network admin is because I am under contract for the summer. And despite the fact our department doesn't deal with confidential info (for the most part)...the banks network is going to be secure as possible and I am probably going to be denied access before I even end an email.