Network Logon? -Reasons?

Luzer

i was wondering what are the reason you would have to enter a password fo accessing a shared folder? my friend went to connect to my Win2k3 box and it asked for a password, but when i go to access a folder on to his comp it doenst ask for one. is it because i have my permissions set up for it or is ir windows being "secure"?

Thanks

it is probably because he is accessing a folder on your server and he does not have a user account with permissions to access that folder. It is the built in security in windows that does that. He is not a member of your domain. Now on his computer, he has a share and he did not password protect it so anyone could access his folder.

• 1 month later...

Maybe this thread is a bit old to be posting on, anyway I thought I could just as well post the right answer here as I had exactly the same problem and managed to fix it.

The answer is that you must activate File Sharing as the Windows Firewall has disabled this and is blocking access to your computer. Also, you are probably not sharing any folder. To fix this, just share a folder and enable the file share by using the guide that automatically pops up when you try to share a file (when you click on the "I understand the risk by sharing bla bla bla"). After that, it should work :D

Edited by Marthax