Run Batch at end of Text Mode ?

Is it possible to run a batchfile at the end of the textmode install, i.e. after the $OEM$ folder has been copied but before the restart ?

I've created a vanilla unattended install with all hotfixes but would like to keep all the other setup files on a floppy, and use a batch file to copy them over to the HD for the main install. That way I can play about with the setup files without having to re-burn a CD every time.

Is that feasable ?

I would strongly recommend u to get a copy from VM ware or MS Virtual PC to try the installation out with instead of burning CD's and stuff... download an eval of them...

Regards

Thanks for the recommendation, that should make the install run faster :) .

I'm still learning but I think that eventually I'd like to have a CD with the basic install & hotfixes plus a few apps ready to go, then have a floppy which I can use to install variations. That way the basic Windows stuff would be the same (and updated/changed as necessary) while machine specific stuff & programs to install would just be a case of which batchfile to run. My, the wife's and kids machine(s) are basically the same, just a few preferences & programs different, i.e. I like Firefox, the wife prefers IE & the kids don't care.

There's probably a better way to do what I want to do but at the moment batfiles seem like a viable option.

You should go straight to multiboot.

Using the "optimize" feature would allow you to put many type of installation on your CD without using more disk space if some files are diplicates...

For instance, I have a multiboot CD with 4 options

Full Automated Install

Minimal Automated Install

Minimal Automated Install with the ability to load Mass Storage drivers (F6)

Regular Install (manual)

... you get the point