Slipstreaming NAV2005 Virus definition & other upd

I just figured out form one of the links

i found here the way to update the virus definition of NAV. the one i found is for NAV 2003 but it seems to be the same for NAV2005...

the way i did is: i extracted the virus definition file (20050516-022-i32.exe) and i replaced all it's contents inside the VirusDef file found inside my NAV installation folder.

So I guess now i have updated the virus definition of my NAV2005 CD! isn't it?

what next! i can't find here or figure out where to download and how to update the other files which normally NAV updates. they are more or less 4Mgs...

Thx in advance!

i found here the way to update the virus definition of NAV. the one i found is for NAV 2003 but it seems to be the same for NAV2005...

the way i did is: i extracted the virus definition file (20050516-022-i32.exe) and i replaced all it's contents inside the VirusDef file found inside my NAV installation folder.

Warning!!! to all do not do this. This has been confirmed to corrupt NIS2005.

Norton Will defected that it has been tampered with and LOCK down.

Pls View the Guide in Make NIS2005 silent and 7zip Method to NIS2005 for more information.

The 7zip guide will show you everything you need to do.

...Norton Will defected that it has been tampered with and LOCK down...

...Pls View the Guide in Make NIS2005 silent and 7zip Method to NIS2005 for more information.

@astalavista , I follow your way (NIS2005) for NIS 2004 (I post that in your thread of NIS2005) , and work all well. Just like you said (only a name of a file was changed in NIS2004 from NIS2005).

But , i extract in <<VirusDef>> folder , the content of <<VIRSCAN.ZIP>> ,

not the content of the <<file (20050516-022-i32.exe)>> and all works ok for me

with NIS2004 , and also NAV2003. Nothing tampered there ! All work fine including LiveUpdate . So , I suppose NIS2005 particulary has this problem.

BTW , if in the SFX archive , I make :

<<Path=%programfiles%\>> instead of <<PAth=c:\windows\Program File>>

can work ?

I found a customer with XP in G: drive !

also today I make PowedDVD 6 trial silent . very nice post , I make it from first hand . thanks for that.