Office 2003 Contacts won't work

ahhdball

I've installed Office 2003 on an echange environment. The global address list works but my personal contacts don't. The contacts are there, and they show up in the shortcut folder but if I try to send mail to a new group I've created it won't "synch" or resolve the addresses in the folder. Is this descriptive enough or do i need to give a little more info?

I've:

Repaired

Uninstalled Reinstalled (uninstalling wasn't complete - it kept all the personal settings so I'm also wondering if I could find a complete uninstall from Office03, any ideas/tools? or could I just delete the profile?)

I was thinking about a complete uninstall, reinstall Office XP, then upgrade to Office 03 but am wondering if theres a less painfull way to accomplish my goal because downgrading to XP on an exchange platform is a complete pain!

Right click on the contact folders and then go to the Outlook Address Book tab and check to see if Show this folder as an email address book is checked. If it is not then check it and restart outlook. If it is checked then uncheck it restart outlook and then go back and check it again, this has worked for me in the past.

Quite possible - they don't let me drive the big toys :) so Admin's out of my hands.

I just asked an Admin if we've upgraded Exchange and he didn't know, different team I suppose. I read a post about the migration/upgrade to 2003 can cause hiccups with permissions. I'll check into it further.

EDIT - It looks like it's the install and not a permissions issue. I used another machine with Office XP and have access to the address book. Does anyone know of a tool that can completely wipe an Office install?