IEAK Branding question

Hope someone realizes what dumb mistake I am making.

I have run through the IEAK for corporate admins, I have added a dial-up and VPN connection, included 2 sites that should be on the pop-up blocker exception list and some security setting changes.

Now I run the setup.exe, it restarts my pc, then when I click on IE, I get a Dial-up connection box,

If i look at my network connections I see I have 3 connections (dialup, vpn and LAN)

But when I look at the connection settings, It has "Always dial my default connection" selected, but that is not the way I configured it in the IEAK.

What could be causing the settings to change?

Thanks for any help guys,

• 11 months later...

I recently solved this problem in very similar circumstances, and maybe what I found will help you or others looking for a solution.

In the IEAK Customization Wizard and the Profile Manager alike, there are settings for "Wizard Settings" and "Policies and Restrictions". It doesn't matter which of these two programs you choose to edit the settings. In the "Wizard Settings" under "Connection Settings", you choose whether to customize Connection Settings or not, and I suspect you will have seen this and set it accordingly. The other control however, which appears in "Policies and Restrictions" is easier to miss:

Whether you are looking at All Policies, or just the Non-Admin Policies, one of them will be "Internet Settings" and under that is "Advanced Settings". Top of that list (on mine at least) is "Enable Autodialing". In my case it was this being ticked which caused the client machines to try to dial an available dial-up connection.

This is not quite the end of the story however. Removing this tick will stop the problem occurring on new machines that have never seen the previous erroneous settings, but for machines which are already contaminated, you have to delete files from the machine's Internet Explorer installation folder (usually in Program Files). I wasn't sure which file was important (though I suspect it was inetset.inf - you could try removing that first) so I just deleted all the contents of the "Internet Explorer\Custom" folder. It worked with no ill-effect on all the machines I treated. The other customizations remained.

Having done both of the above, my nightmare ended.

I hope this was helpful to someone.

Kind regards,

Justin.

xxxxxx

Edited by Happybug