CopyToDVD 3.53.103

coucou

Hi,

This Inno Setup installer open the program when setup completes and i couldn't overcome it with my .cmd file

CLS
ECHO.
ECHO Installing copytodvd3
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait F:\XPCD_SP2\Software\BlindWrite\copytodvd3_setup.exe /VERYSILENT /SP- /NORESTART
ECHO.
ECHO Killing copytodvd3 process
taskkill /F /IM vsostart.exe
ECHO.

In fact, i get silent install success, the copydvd program is launched and my script is hang on... No prgress forward for killing the process.

I must open a second command with the same script "taskkill /F /IM vsostart.exe" to kill the process.

TNX for any help

coucou

TNX deXter, it doesn't help!

As i wrote above, my .cmd file is hanging (stop) after the copydvd installed and opened... then, how could i CALL anything from it neither a second cmd or psKill.

I have manually to click on "Start/Run/" then write the command "taskkill /F /IM vsostart.exe".

Moreover, this .cmd (batch) file is used for test/check because i'm planning to install it Unattended with WPI.

Regards

coucou

• 11 months later...

i've made a cmd file and works great for me. i import settings and all. check it out.

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

start %systemdrive%\Install\copytodvd\copytodvd.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\copytodvd\sleep.exe 40
start /wait taskkill /IM VsoStart.exe
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\copytodvd\shortcuts.exe
REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\copytodvd\settingslocal.reg
REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\copytodvd\settingsuser.reg

exit

all you have to do is to have all referenced files in the sema folder as the cmd file. for sleep.exe download someone on the internet. i cant remember wich one im using. all out there should work (as long as they use the syntax in the cmd file i wrote).

i've made a cmd file and works great for me. i import settings and all. check it out.

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

start %systemdrive%\Install\copytodvd\copytodvd.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\copytodvd\sleep.exe 40
start /wait taskkill /IM VsoStart.exe
start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\copytodvd\shortcuts.exe
REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\copytodvd\settingslocal.reg
REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\copytodvd\settingsuser.reg

exit

all you have to do is to have all referenced files in the sema folder as the cmd file. for sleep.exe download someone on the internet. i cant remember wich one im using. all out there should work (as long as they use the syntax in the cmd file i wrote).

Cant you post yours?

And wich reg files did you use?

Edited by muiz

place it along with all the files inside copytodvd folder. can be placed anywhere you want. if you use it with other batch files copy it to system32 and just call it "sleep.exe XX" without the quotes.

place it along with all the files inside copytodvd folder. can be placed anywhere you want. if you use it with other batch files copy it to system32 and just call it "sleep.exe XX" without the quotes.

Ok i tried your method , but id did not work.

it still pops up :angry:

i use this method and it should close the popup after XX seconds in sleep.exe. that why i called sleep.exe before runnning the kill command. works for me right now. it installs, and then pop up comes out, sleep.exe waits xx seconds (i use 40 seconds) then the pop up closes. all unattended.

i use this method and it should close the popup after XX seconds in sleep.exe. that why i called sleep.exe before runnning the kill command. works for me right now. it installs, and then pop up comes out, sleep.exe waits xx seconds (i use 40 seconds) then the pop up closes. all unattended.

What is the minimum 1 sec. ?

What is the minimum 1 sec. ?

in the script i posted i used 40 seconds, wich is enough for me and my comp. maybe you should try a litlle longer, or did what i did: count seconds when installing to give you an idea of how much you will need sleep.exe to wait.