Nero burn problem?

JohnSteven

While attempting to make a bootable rescue DVD with my Acronis files (5 - 635mb files), I came to the realization that Nero could not see the Acronis files on my home LAN (using my destop to create bootable DVD for my laptop).

Does anyone know of a DVD burning application, that would allow me to use my own boot files and burn files from another computer on my LAN?

Hi firefoxthebomb,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried putting Roxio V6.0 on my machine, but it said I had to uninstall v5.x.x first. OK, so I did the uninstall, rebooted, then when I opened Explorer, both of my DVD drives were missing. Device manager couldn't update the drivers either (code 31). I ended up doing a restore with Acronis and all was well again. Tried another uninstall and same scenario, had to restore the image again.

Is there somethingabout Roxio that I should know???

Resolved the problem with Nero. After selecting to make a boot DVD and selecting the boot file, I would click on the "New" button and a dual pane file manager would open. If I close the right file manager pane, I can then right click the left and add files from my home LAN. If I leave the right file manager pane open, my home LAN is not displayed. I know this sounds strange, but it is now functional.

Thanks again for the help and ideas............