Microsoft Office 2003 Problem

j_stam_84

Hi all!

First of all; great forum!

A couple of days ago I started experimenting with an unattended XP installation DVD.

The thing works like a charm except for one thing; Office XP (2003) installation

Installation comes to Microsoft Office 2003 and when it starts copying files, an error shows.

The error contains the title "Microsoft bestandsbeveiliging" (Fileprotection) and the message states

that the Windows XP installation CD is needed to copy some files. It will only continue when I insert the source CD from which I build the Unattended CD and if I cancel, it will roll back the installation procedure.

I took these steps to create the Installation CD.

1) Used NLite to slipstream SP2 into the installation and strip the installation CD.

2) Edited winnt.sif for automatic partitioning

3) Created RunOnceEx.cmd, $oem$, etc.

4) Used this tutorial to create an unattended installation

5) Added the final setup command to RunOnceEx.cmd

6) Built the CD.

Could it be that NLite stripped the I386 too much and deleted some files that are needed for Microsoft Office XP installation ? Am I missing some post-SP2 (essential) updates ?

I haven't got a clue what it could be. The problem is, I can only guess what it might be; except for the error message, no additional information is supplied.

Can't find anything on the subject. Does anybody have an idea ?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Japie

1) You cannot turn off or tell Windows to ignore file protection warning. See Unattended forum.

2) You can change your installation source path to point to the local cache for additional installation files. See Application Install section of this forum.

hmm okay... let me get this straight.....

Because NLite edited the source files in the I386 folder, WFP kicks in when checking for the correct

(unedited) files on the DVD ?

I checked the unattended forum as you suggested and found various posts on the subject.

They all state the replacement of SFC_OS.DLL to disable WFP.

If I would do this, the edited files in the I386 folder would be ignored and installation of Office 2003 would proceed as normal?

The odd thing is; you say WFP can't be disabled....... what do you mean by it? According to various posts on this forum, it can (although all of the download links to SFC_OS.DLL don't work anymore..:S)

About your second point; the location of the source files (I386 folder) isn't relevant right? I mean... it seems to me that it doesn't make a difference to change it ... WFP will still not accept those files... Or am I missing something here (which, ofcourse, is very likely :D;))

Thanks for your reply and your help btw.! :D

In winnt.sif, I remember there was a line to skip file protection. I don't know if it helps but... Right after the [unattended] section, I have this section

[SystemFileProtection]
SFCQuota = 0

I was installing office xp with my unattended windows xp cd so I can't say if the problem is with office2003 only, but I never saw that warning you speak about.

And I remember in the old tutorial they said to put system file protection on again, at some point of the process. I did not. So maybe if you followed the instructions too carefuly you put it back on later in the windows installation process.

Hope this helps a bit

For everyone having the same problem :

Just check "Disable SFC Protection" in Nlite!

When NLite asks if you want to start the process, click "No".

Then, save your configuration, exit NLite and open the just saved

.ini file.

Under the [Keep] section, add framedyn.dll and srclient.dll.

(When I don't, Windows gives me errors about these files when logging on).

Restart NLite and load configuration. Resume process as normal.

Now, Office installs correctly :)

greetings!