KB885250 & SMB problems

devilrunner

Dear forum readers and admins,

First off let me congrat you on the good, perfect work being created here...this is by far the best source for all kinds of unattended and other problems.

I normally never turn to making posts on forums but this time I am really batterred by the problem.

I think, know that this must be a problem that half the xp users are having.

The much spoke about and dreaded KB885250 windows update.

Whatever I do I can't seem to get it integrated, or installed for that matter, without having very strange filesharing after.

Some folders are listed others aren't...some get listed half...it seems like half of my files have disapeared.

I read and searched everywhere and nobody seems to have a solution that works.

I tried completely rebuilding my xp install cd, using ryanVM update pack ( supposed to have the fix"KB895900" for this ), using the older "mrxsmb.sys" file...nothing makes my file sharing work like it should.

I have a LAN like there are many...2pc's both xp sp2 connected with a common utp 100mbit cable.

I would really like to see a solution and apparently MS is supressing the problem!

Anyone any idea's?

• 7 months later...

Hi, have the same problem.

Lately it has gotten worse, with my new unattended cd smb doesn't work at all!

Attached a nlite logfile and my regtweaks for experts to look at, could really use some help with this :(

Remote desktop & ftp still works, only smb is f***ed up.

I was able to access the computer from another computer with a different windows (home edition), so smb sharing still works.

Last_Session.ini

regtweaks.reg