using RunOnceEx with bashrat driver pack

Hello, I'm just starting to dab into this and I have a question: I created my xp unattend using the bashrat driver pack (method 1) and i created a RunOnceEx.cmd file to install msn messenger 7. Everything goes fine, all my drivers install fine but the RunOnce never runs so messenger never gets installed-now the RunOnce tutorial says to remove the [GUIRunOnce] entries from the winnt.sif file, but the bashrat driver pack adds entries to the [GUIRunOnce] so I think that may be why the RunOnce.cmd did not run-I have the RunOnceEx.cmd in the $OEM$ folder. Can I remove the entries that the bashrat driverpack created in the GUIRunOnce without a problem or is there something else I should do? Any help would be appreciated :)

If I am correct, both [GUIRunOnce] and RunOnceEx run simultaneous. The one doesn't exclude the other so you can have them both.

Have you done this:

Create a cmdlines.txt file in Notepad and paste in the following:

[COMMANDS]"RunOnceEx.cmd"

Save this as cmdlines.txt inside the $OEM$ folder

here is the source

If you now double click your RunOnceEx.cmd, are the values writen to the registry?

The values should be placed here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

Don't forget to delete the lines when you checked it. If you forget that windows tries to install your programs on next boot :D

Hey Erik-thanks for the help-this may clear some things up-actually after looking through my folders-I do in fact have an install/msn folder in my c: drive with the msn.msi file and the bootstrap.exe file-but it just never installed-here is a copy of my RunOnceEx-maybe im doing something wrong? and I dont know what the bootstrap.exe is either :blushing:

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "MSN Messenger 7" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\MSN\MsnMsgs.msi ADDEXPLORERTOOLBAR = "" SETSEARCHENGINE = "" SETHOMEPAGE = "" /QB" /f

The quotes in your MsnMsgs.msi line are causing the problem. You need to put backslashes in front of each quote inside the REG command. Try this:

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "MSN Messenger 7" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\MSN\MsnMsgs.msi ADDEXPLORERTOOLBAR = \"\" SETSEARCHENGINE = \"\" SETHOMEPAGE = \"\" /QB" /f

erik demon.....I am trying to install just 1 program (WinRar) on my unattended cd.

The folder Winrar gets copied to the computer but does not automatically install, and I did check the registry and it did get copied to there. any suggestions?

And your RunOnceEx, does it look like this (maybe a dumb question, but do you use the right switch):

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Winrar 3.42" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Winrar\wrar342nl.exe /s" /f

OK guys-I fixed it-I ended up having to enter this to get it to install:

REG ADD %KEY%\028 /VE /D "MSN Messenger 7" /f
%systemdrive%\apps\msn\MsnMsgs.msi IAGREE="Yes" ADDEXPLORERTOOLBAR="" SETSEARCHENGINE="" SETHOMEPAGE="" /QB"

Can someone tell me why it only works this way? If I add the REG ADD %KEY%\026 /v 1 /D command in front it will not install!