Office Upgrade?

zorroxxxx

Hello to all,

I currently have Microsoft Office 2000 Professional.

I have been told, by friends, to upgrade to Office XP Professional.

When I look at the description of the upgrade it consists of 2002 versions of the programs. Wouldn't Office 2003 Professional be a better upgrade???

Does the XP version have better "Bells & Whistles"?

Any info or advice on the best solution will be greatly appreciated.

My system is XP Home Edition, just in case that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

Gary

B)

Why throw your $$ away? Office2000 does everything any home user and most corperate users would ever want. If you want to upgrade to something get OpenOffice... Plenty of "bells and whistles", and it's free!

I currently have Microsoft Office 2000 Professional.

I have been told, by friends, to upgrade to Office XP Professional.

When I look at the description of the upgrade it consists of 2002 versions of the programs. Wouldn't Office 2003 Professional be a better upgrade???

Does the XP version have better "Bells & Whistles"?

Some "pros" for Office 2003.

When Office 2003 installs, it leaves "cached" copies of the install files on your hard drive. I find this very useful for OfficeUpdates! It no longer requires the original media to do service pack updates... This is handy for when I go to clients and they "big shock" don't have their originals... (the ones I remember selling them).

Aside from that. Excel XP/2002 and 2003, has a feature where you can querry a web page, and pick different frames from the page. I use this to get stock quotes in a portfolio. Excel XP requires you to keep guessing "table" numbers (yes the HTML table kind). Excel 2003 improves on this by presenting the web page you querried and you use the mouse to point and click at each table, till the one you want has a colored line around it!! Much easier than guessing the number.

Beyond that I'm not sure which one you'd like. I'f you need the features of the newer, go with the newest. If your happy, don't cave to peer pressure.

wise decision if 2000 already does everything you need. And as has been mentioned, OpenOffice is very nice for free. Office2003 is what, 300$ or so? you can spend that $ better ways, I'm sure.