This is a weird problem

ok, i dont know if one of the registry tweaks i used does this, but here is the problem i have. Whenever i reboot windows, if i open up my computer, and try to right click on anything in there, it wont work, says a problem has occured, would you like to send info to microsoft....

but, if i close my computer, and right click on something on the desktop, it works, and then after i do that, i can open my computer and right click and it works fine.

Right clicking on somthing within my computer only works if i right click on an icon on the desktop first.

any ideas what would cause this?

When does this error occur? New or existing install? Maybe try it both ways. If using on an existing install backup the registry or do a System State backup before applying.

This is a problem with a registry tweak you have applied or some modification to explorer you have made. I have never come across this error before or come across anyone else having this problem.

If you could post your registry tweak file, preferably HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT tweaks and we could see what could cause the problem.

Also if you make any modifications to explorer in your install, maybe installing a hacked version of explorer.exe or some other tweaks.