Adobe Acrobat 6 Professional

hohner

I did have Adobe Acrobat 6 Professional installing silently by executing the msi file with the /qn switch. Then I would run a reg file to enter the key.

I don't know why, but now this method does not work. I have not changed anything in my install which directly reflects the Acrobat install.

After testing from a command prompt in real time I have found that if I use the /qn switch, nothing is installed. I changed to /qb to see what was going on and a window pops up after the "configuring installation" bit which simply says "error."

I read a few more posts and then tried the /qr switch, this worked perfectly.

What happened though? It used to work for me with the /qn, also, I've not tested yet and will probably give it a go tonight after work but with the /qr output display during the install of my unattended cd, I'm guessing yes. :(

I still have no clue as to why this does not work like it did previously.

However, I did manage to get it to work.

What I found was that when I ran with a silent switch of either /qn /qb and had put my serial in the abcpy.ini it would return an error:

The installation is invalid for this version. (expect of course with the /qn where no output was given)

The only one that did not return this error was the /qr switch.

After reading up on the internet from several sites I edited the acropro.msi file with a suitable editor and removed the following entries:

Admin UI Sequence - UnSupportedInstallType
AdvtExecuteSequence - UnSupportedInstallType
CustomAction - UnSupportedInstallType
AdminExecuteSequence - UnSupportedInstallType
InstallExecuteSequence - UnSupportedInstallType

My question is, although this successfully installed using the /qn switch now and the program tests ok, could anyone who knows a little more than I do about msi packages confirm whether this would have any negative side affects?

Thanks