How to "Copy Name as Text", "Copy Path ...

compster

Does anyone know a way to perform the "Copy Name as Text" and "Copy Path as Text" functions that are available in Explorer replacement programs like PowerDesk and ExplorerPlus.

They don't provide a keyboard shortcut and I would like to be able to do this without the program (and be able to do it in Windows Explorer).

Copy Name as Text can be accomplished by highlighting the file hit F2 -- then Ctrl-C -- then ESC.

There is an option 'Display the full path in the address bar' under Tools --> Folder Options --> View. You can then copy the path from the address bar. Hope that helps.

I think those add-on programs are written becuase Mircosoft doesn't want you to know where files are on your computer. You must even download a Powertoy for Send to Path... so you can manaully move file to a typed directory. They would rather the regular user be ignorant to such complexities. I think that Windows isn't written to do what you are talking about natively without somesort of VBS script or something. Even that I couldn't help you with. I use Nitrous Voice Flux to script my common keyboard commands. You might be able to make text copying into a voice command. I haven't tried. As to the editing the Right-click menu, dunno. I only know how to add to the Send menu. :>

Does anyone know a way to perform the "Copy Name as Text" and "Copy Path as Text" functions that are available in Explorer replacement programs like PowerDesk and ExplorerPlus.

They don't provide a keyboard shortcut and I would like to be able to do this without the program (and be able to do it in Windows Explorer).

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=38097