WSUS

Taggs

I'm planning on putting WSUS on an exisisting SUS server. (We can't afford a new server :no: )

1) Does anybody know if it will remove/replace SUS?

2) Will SUS clients automatically connect to WSUS for it's updates? Or will I need to reconfigure the clients update service?

3) Point me to some helpfull sites for WSUS as M$ does not give me that much info about changing from WSUS to SUS! Just a fresh install.

NB

This is not our main SUS server!

Server is also running my RIS service!

Thanks

We installed WSUS yesterday on a server that ran SUS. We used the Step-by-Step guide that can be found on Microsofts pages: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversyst...es/default.mspx

We just removed SUS and the installed WSUS.. Now the computers that earlier connected to SUS for updates have connected to the WSUS.. We will probably need to change the GPO settings, but the client computers has discovered the WSUS! :D

Good luck.. :hello:

@rion

One way to define the clients to access the sus server is to user group policys
I already have the clients accessing a SUS server , but thanks for the link. :whistle:
I'm planning on putting WSUS on an exisisting SUS server.

@TiXer

Thanks for the advice, links and shared experience. I'll dip my toe in the water and see how it goes. :unsure:

Taggs

You're welcome.. ;)

BTW: The Deployment guide that you can find on the same site as the Step.by-Step guide, might be good to take a look on as well! There is some special things about migrating from SUS to WSUS in the end of it that might be wise to look through! :yes: