Unattended Install

Ok, when I first started had several issues, like usbehci.sys witch I was able to get passed thanks to this forum, after that issue had a error with ntfs.sys missing or corrupted. that was also fixed by searching this forum.

NOW, The install goes very smoothly, but system freezes on 1st reboot after copying of files. Everything seems fine on reboot I get regular black screen with windowsXP then screen goes black after a few seconds and thats the end of it.

I am using a Dell CD Version 5.1.2600.0 with SP1.

1st I remove svpack folder - svcpack.inf - svcpack.dl_

Next all files that start with "Q*.exe "

Next I use Nlite latest version to integrate to SP2.

Next I copy from sp2.cab NTKRNL files to i386 folder.

next I copy the SVCPACK Files from my regular XPSP2 install that I use now into the i386 folder.

I have tried with my WINNT.sif file and without.. I have tried SATA drivers integrated and through a floppy.. all end the same.. install works greats freezes after reboot, I have tried same on Virtual pc, and on a seperate Partition but no changes.

My system is ABit AV8 Motherboard with VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset

1 GIG ram 2 120gig SATA drives raid for performance 1 partition of 170 something and 1 as 55gig, used the 55 gig in test installs when not using Microsoft Virtual PC. Video Card Is Geforce 6800 GT and CPU XP64 (939)

If any one could help I would deeply appreciate it, I have searched and can not find anything.

I actually have the same error right now.

You said you have a VIA K8T800 chipset, thats the Northbridge, but whats important is the Southbridge, the VIA VT8237. That has the Promise SATA controllers.

I have a different motherboard, but the same chipset, and the same problem. :)

The integrated drivers at least the BTS Mass_Storage ones, arent working at the moment i believe. Corrrect if I am wrong.

Also you cannot use Drivers from F6 if you're using an Unattended install. They wont copy.

This is a big problem, I cannot do an Unattended install on my best computers. I only started having this problem today, so I may be missing something.

[edit1] Apparently its a known problem.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=41275

[edit2] And id bet the 'BSOD users' all have the same chipset. ;)

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=42820&st=0

Edited by DigeratiPrime